Autumn Term Lunch Menu
Milk and snacks
Children under 5 years of age and those on free school meals are entitled to free milk. Milk is available to other children for a small charge. Milk is provided by Cool Milk and may be ordered online by clicking on the logo below. Children in KS1 are provided with a piece of fruit or vegetable every break time through a government healthy eating initiative. Other children may bring in a healthy break time snack of fresh or dried fruit or vegetables. Water is available during lesson times or children may bring their own water bottles.
Our school provides healthy lunches in-house. They are cooked on site by catering manager Marianne and her assistants, Chris and Amanda. All meals are accompanied by a selection of vegetables. Fresh bread, fresh fruit and crudites are always on offer. Jacket potatoes are available daily with a variety of fillings.
All children in Key Stage 1 are entitled to a free school lunch as part of the Government's Universal Free School Meals Initiative. The cost of a meal is £2.25 for KS2 children. Children may have school lunches for all or part of the week. Different diets are catered for. Special menus are offered for certain occasions such as Bonfire Night and the Chinese New Year and these are popular with the children. Further information about menus and how to pay online is available by clicking on the links below. All our menus are governed by The Children's Food Trust.
If your child prefers, you may provide a packed lunch in a sealed box clearly (named) with a non fizzy drink in an unbreakable container or carton.
All children eat their lunch in the school hall in two sittings.
Payments for lunches may be made online through ParentPay. When children join the school, parents are issued with log in details to activate their accounts on line and may then pay for meals online by credit/debit cards. Exceptionally, parents may order a PayPoint card at the school office to enable them to use cash to top up their accounts the Coop or Top Shop in Winchcombe. Click on the ParentPay logo to access the website.
What are the qualifying criteria for Free School Meals?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
The Government does not allow us to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned.
GCC FSM website
Currently Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils are entitled to a free school meal.
• This is in addition to the current free school meal service currently offered to pupils whose parents are in receipt of qualifying benefits (shown above).
• Even if you don't want your child in one of these year groups to receive a meal, we would encourage you to apply so that their School/Academy receives as much funding as possible from the Government.
• It is important to register for free school meals as you could raise an extra £1320 to help fund valuable support.
• You can include other children in Year 3 and above if you receive the qualifying benefit.
KS2 staff serve Christmas Lunch
Catering staff cook up a festive feast
There were no rumbling tummies during SATs tests in mid May with most Year 6 children enjoying a slap up breakfast prepared by Marianne, the Cook and Chris each morning before they began the tests. We are very grateful to our local Warner Budgen store for providing the ingredients free of charge.
Some of our Year 6 children delivering a big THANKS to Budgen in Winchcombe.