The Course Leader:
Andrew Binnell of Impetus Education Solutions was a successful Essex head teacher of two Church of England Primary (VA) schools, leading the latter on the journey from serious weaknesses to Outstanding (2006 Ofsted Inspection) over a six year period. He is a Registered Inspector of church schools. He is an ADP currently supporting the work of four schools within the Diocese of Gloucester Academies Trust (DGAT) family.
Effective teaching and learning strategies for TAs
Date: June 23rd 2017 9:15am – 3:30pm
Venue: Winchcombe Abbey Primary School
Audience: Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants
Focus: To demonstrate best practice and effective approaches to supporting teaching and learning in the classroom enabling a positive impact on pupil progress.
The Role of the TA
- Understanding the role of the TA in supporting teaching and learning.
- What Ofsted expect to see from TAs.
- Working collaboratively with a class teacher.
- Supporting a range of abilities across a whole class.
- Contributing to ongoing assessment of pupils.
- How to monitor the effectiveness of the support provided and the impact of progress of learners over time.
Developing classroom practice
- Increase knowledge and understanding of best practice in teaching and learning.
- Quality questioning strategies.
- Practical ideas for supporting children.
- Being adaptable: what to do when children are stuck or are ready to move on.
- Using simple resources to target children’s needs.
If you would like to reserve a place please get in touch with us.